View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 09, 2008, 05:51am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan

Tonight I go to him before the game to explain what had happened at the last game ( I know we have talked about these things before ) I wanted to clear the air before tonight's game. I said to him " Coach last week when we were discussion the "T" on your son," he interrupted and said " We never discussed a "T" and walked away rudely. So I waked away. It doesn't make sense to get on an official on your bad side before or even after a game.
In this situation, you had a coach that was smart enough to let last week's game go, which is what all participants are supposed to do. You initiated an encounter that should never have been initiated. Very big mistake. If a coach asks you a question about a past play, answer it. If he just wants to complain about a past play, deal with it. If he just wants to coach this week's game with a clean slate, be appreciative and let him.

Your objective wasn't to explain anything. You were trying to gain his approval. You were looking for him to pat you on the head and say "That's all right, Turtle". There's no need to do so. All you did was put yourself on the coach's bad side before the game.

Again, big mistake on your part.