Thread: Cal/UCLA DD??
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 08, 2008, 08:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Okay, a fist call makes sense. I thought that's what it looked like, but forgot to think about how that would affect the clock.

I also thought the oob call by the C was excellent. That replay from the C's angle made it very, very clear. Regarding the foul, I think there may have been a swung arm, but the ball movement didn't reflect the kind of hack on the arm that the announcers wanted. It looked like a good no call to me.

I did think they could have called a hold on UCLA before the Cal player got the ball. It looked like one UCLA player had his arm all the way around, wth a generous helping of jersey in the hand.
As far as the double dribble at 15:38 of the 2nd half, I blew a rule this year so I'm not judging, but Dave blew the rule or he thought he saw something that never happened. The Cal player caught the ball, threw it down with 2 hands and recovered the ball. All he did was start a dribble and end a dribble.
So either he reacted with a whistle to an unusual but legal play, or he didn't know it was legal. Like I said I'm not judging a 9 time Final four official.
Shipp's shot was not over the backboard. I watched it 5 times and I saw it go beside the corner not over. And it was so close -- good no call.
To me there is no way they called a fist violation on the ensuing inbound.
There was 1.5 on the clock and the 1st touch was a fist. If they called the violation there would have been 1.2 left not 0.7; I think they were trying to judge how long it took from the touch to where it would have touched out of bounds. The angles I saw did not show the ball in the picture where it would have touched out of bounds.
Any thought to a technical foul on UCLA for entering the court before the expiration of time???