View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 08, 2008, 07:42pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Live And Learn ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfanmike20
"You cost us the championship... you'll never work one of my games again" 2.4 seconds left.. I should have T'd him and I let it go.... i'm not sure why..Those are the calls I missed.. the two T's and as God is my witness in this forum I'll NEVER miss them again.
We often learn by our mistakes. I won't comment on the first possible technical foul, but I will certainly comment on the second: "You cost us the championship. You'll never work one of my games again". For me, this would be the easiest techncial foul that I've ever called. I might have to think about it for a split second, or two, but I might even go as far as a flagrant technical foul. Because it's flagrant, maybe some type of league rule would have some administrator look into this, or perhaps even make him, or her, sit out a game next season.

And, for your information, I have a pretty long fuse. Over sixty games this year, and not a single technical foul given to a coach. I can't really think of a warning, or a "stop sign", either. Either I was very lucky, or I'm losing my touch. I'm doing the Special Olypics Unified Games later this week. One more chance for me to T-up a coach, and maybe I'll even use that non-NFHS, baseball-style, you're outta here signal.

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 08:02pm.