View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 06, 2008, 10:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshiner1345
I was at this game, and I was actually sitting under NM's basket when this situation occurred. After North's made basket, the ball bounced on the ground and Danville wasn't attempting to pick up the ball. A NM player then hit the ball really high into the air. Once the calling official blew his whistle, he got together with the other two officials and the call was reported as a delay of game. It was North's first delay of game for the game. I spoke with the officials after the game, and as a crew they decided to call the delay of game instead of assessing a T. But they did consider it.

A little background of the game, I'm not sure who was calling the officials horrible (a NM fan or a Danville fan) but I think the game was officiated very well. Danville was up 15 at one point in the 4th quarter. They simply couldn't handle the press and threw the ball away several times. Then they also couldn't hit their free throws when they did go to the line. Overall the three guys did excellent. One of them you all have seen officiate on Sunday's in the NFL.
What was their rationalization for going with the delay of game warning?