View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 06, 2008, 03:32pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyvol
I saw this play occur, and if you were watching Mike Eades the official that was administering the inbounds pass got himself too close to the action....sometimes in these College Venues there is very little room on the baselines....such was the case last night. Mike Kitts the "C" saw what exactly happenend and took it upon himself to make the change. The call that Kitts made was the correct call and I commend him for stepping in and getting the call right. It wasnt as if Kitts came running in signaling the other direction...they got together talked about it and wanted to be 100% sure that this occured......Great officiating by a great official. Way to go Mike Kitts.
This frustrates me at times. I saw a Canadian NCAA-level game where an official had such little room to move, that his footing was tripped up and only his quick thinking prevented him from a spill. Get the cheerleaders, promotional banners, etc... the hockey sticks out of the way. No sponsorship money is worth injury to someone.