View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 05, 2008, 04:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018
The original ruling was that the shot was no good. It was waved off immediately, then the officials conferred, and they stuck with the original ruling.

And I want no part of instant replay. This is a prime example of getting frame-by-frame evidence that still doesn't give you the needed picture.
Would I want courtside monitors on every high school game? No! In fact there isn't one for every NCAA game either. One argument @ least @ the High School level is that the game is @ its purest form and needs to be officiated as such. The game is meant to be officiated by humans who inherently will make mistakes which should just be an accepted part of the game. From a officials point of view I agree with that assertion.

However in todays world where there is so much emphasize put on the players & coaches to win I can see, from the coaches point of view, in the tournament where it is one and done that a monitor would be extremely beneficial. I think we all would agree that we want to make sure the right team wins the game!!

I agree with what, I believe it was JR said, "they are damned if they do or damned if they don't" in this particular play. It's the PLAY that could go either way in real time with human eyes, as I said in a earlier post. Now look @ the aftermath of this call, right or wrong. The blame (not by us I hope) is now going to be placed squarely on the officials, who from what someone else said,worked a GREAT game, for the wrong team winning, supposedly.

The majority is no longer going to remember the GREAT game they worked but the call @ the end that they had to make without the ability that we have had along with all of the fans of the losing team.. It leaves the win in question!!! A monitor would @ the very least take the excuse of the lose or the wrong team winning out of the equation. Not to mention if you have a end of game/season play like this as an official I would want to be able to go to a monitor to be sure.

Someone said that the angle wouldn't have been good or even the still frame pics don't prove disprove the ruling. If they instituted a monitor procedure for @ the very least, the State Finals, I'm sure their would be a better angle from which to view from.