Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Larks
Me: Ok, guys, we'll ref and you play
Player (loudly): when you gonna start reffin then"
Me: Right now...WHACK
Larks, this exchange just sounds like you provoked the situation. Telling guys that they haven't been playing seems insulting. I don't know what transpired before your comment, but I think the T could have been avoided by simply keeping quiet. We all do games where the quality of play is poor, but we can't tell the players they stink. And that's what you did -- or at least, that's how it was perceived. Rule of thumb: the less said, the better.

Chuck
Agreed Chuck. Usually I do allow give and take. Someone once told me that we should run below the water so to speak and I try to do that.

This exchange came after a lot of give and take and we finally had to start saying...look guys....less talk....more play. This game was full of extra bumps and shoves, an intention foul etc. You know the kind.

We also had the officials instructor brought in for the camp hammering us all day about game management especially player talk and extra curriculars.

When you say the words...."ok guys thats it" and you get more....do you take more? I submit no because its not going to improve on its own.

Thanks for the feedback. I am just moving up the ladder so I listen to all the feedback I can get. In this case, when you add all the elements together, I felt good about the T because I felt that things werent going to get any better.

Larks