View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 01, 2008, 01:36pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
Jurassic, he is asking you to validate ball-watching - notice the "looking through" part. Actually that is what this subject is about most of the time. We all know there are plays where someone is blocked out and have no way of seeing an obvious play. We should also understand that Jurassic is talking about someone who is probably looking past players to watch the ball all the way on the other end of the court. There is a difference.
No, I don't think that Billy is asking me to validate ball watching. Unless I'm reading Billy wrong, and I sureasheck might be, he's talking about something that comes up in my field of vision outside of my primary but still within...say... a half-court that's so obvious that I gotta go get it. I agree with doing something like that. That's a big difference from ball watching.

Rumpy though now....he was looking for validation for ball watching in his example. Watching a dribbler under no pressure 70' down the court is ball-watching imo. I doubt very much whether I'd even notice something that far away--that's from one endline to the far foul line. And at that distance, I doubt that I could be 100% sure of anything that I noticed to ever warrant making a call anyway.