View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 27, 2008, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCord
I was told this story, but I'm not 100% sure it is true. AAU game, Team A is thumping Team B by a large margin, 40 or more points. Late in the game, Team A is still pressing full court, lots of pressure, etc. Team B is attempting to inbound the ball, spot throw-in. Team A player (son of coach) is right in the inbounder's face putting pressure. Team B coach calls timeout. In timeout, he instructs his player to throw the ball as hard as he can at Team A player's face if he is still putting pressure on the throw-in. Team B player obliges, twice, supposedly bloodying the kid's nose. Team A coach looks at Team B coach after the second time and says, "I get it" and calls off the press. If you were officiating the game what would have been your response?
Seen a similar thing, player dribbles up then intentionally throws the ball hard in the defensive players face. I called a D and reported her, she got a two month suspension from all play.
There is a huge diffrence between this play and the one in the first post. If the team play good D and you can't get it in, it's just smart to throw it of the opponents leg. And since this is legal you can't do anything about it unless theplayer taking the throw-in is trying to hurt the defensive player like in the second case. But then you aldready know my answer...