View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 26, 2008, 08:59pm
Official Forum Member

This happened four times in a row...

Girls varsity game last week, I was administering a designated spot throw-in, team A is inbounding, as I am reaching 3-4 seconds on my 5 second count, the team A player throws the ball at the team B player's legs, causing an out-of-bounds off the team B player. After the fourth time, I told the team A player, "You know, I'm starting to wonder if you are intentionally trying to avoid the 5 second count by not inbounding the ball or taking a time out." She must have understood my veiled threat, because she then inbounded the ball, and we moved on. Was this good game management on my part? Did I have the right to T her if it happened again? My partner told me that team A's coach then asked her what I said, but the coach did not approach either of us about it. The game was dead in the water while this was going on, the clock wasn't running, we were just wasting time. What would you have done? How about this variant. Two of the times, the defensive player had her back to the team A player, and was struck in the back of her legs by the throw-in, hard!!! Any different call there?