View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 26, 2008, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
I don't believe Jim has given out the JEA for a few years.
Certainly not this year, I can confirm. I read the reference to that, and thought "what the h311? I didn't miss but a few hours the whole time!"

Speaking of missing, and the Evans academy... sort of:

The most significant time I missed was on the first day, when someone robbed a whole bunch of JEAPU-related rooms. (And make no mistake, it was a very targeted hit. The Osecola Co. Sheriff Dept detective - who is a professional in that field - had no doubts of that.)

Anyway, I bring this up for those planning to attend in the future: you'll get an email, telling you not to bring much in the way of valuables during the course. It's not bad advice. I lost a decent amount of stuff, because I made the mistake of locking my laptop in my suitcase. Which the bad guy then took, to loot later.

The only thing valuable to said lowlife was my laptop, since clothes, glasses, phone charger, ump books, etc, were only important to me. On the other hand, I feel like I saved my fellow students: as one of those hit, I helped load the criminal(s) down with so much stuff, they had to quit hitting rooms. And some people had so much $%^&# with them - game consoles, games, movies, etc, etc - they would have lost even more than me. Just doin' my part.

Just be careful if you attend next year, and if they haven't changed hotels.

Of course, anyone else out there that attended might now know my 'secret' identity, thanks to this post, but it's not like I'm in Delta Force or the Witness Protection Program.

Again, apropos of nothing in this thread, but the posting referring to the school made me think of it.