View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 25, 2008, 08:22am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_rumperee
We caught other teams by surprise, beat them up a little, and got away with it.

We turned the dogs loose, beat the livin' crap out of the other team and pulled to within 4 at the end of 3.

We continue to beat the crap out of opposition and get away with it.

At this point I realize that maybe I should have gone to intentional foul mode much earlier, as these refs will not call fouls.

Anyways, we win by 3. Super effort by the boys, and I am ultimately genuinely shocked and appalled by the officiating tonight.
And I am genuinely shocked and appalled that any coach would go to those extremes with 5th. grade kids just to get a win. And I am even more shocked and appalled that the coach would come on an officials' forum and brag about it. And even worse, as a supposed official you recognized that you had inexperienced youth officials that are still learning, and you took full advantage of their inexperience in your quest for the almighty win. Did it ever cross your mind to think how you would have felt as an inexperienced official if you were put into that exact same situation by some dickhead coach?

You shouldn't be anywhere near youth basketball. You're sad. And if you're going to take your personal philosophy into officiating, we really don't need you in that avocation either.

Word.