View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 25, 2008, 06:41am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
CA - while not in the same class game as you, I had one of two less experienced, adult refs dissappointingly work my son's semi final game this weekend too. Like you, I expected two Sr Officials. This guy usually does G7/8 and G9/10 and hadn't done a game at the B13/15 level all yr - bad decision by the assignor IMO - oh well. As others have said - gotta live with what you get.

He didn't do a stellar job, again IMO, but hey, ultimately, my boys lost by 3 because they were out played and made too many turnovers. Not by anything the official did or didn't do. The boys can whine and complain all they want (heck they're teenagers, that's what they do when things don't go their way) I would hear none of it and told em to stop complaining and play. As I always say - make ALL your layups and free throws and you'll win the game regardless of anything else....they didn't.

I coached, "chirped a bit", asked for a few calls and never gottem - oh well, I sat back down, accepted the calls, and continued to try and coach my best. What else can I do if I want to set the example? It was a great game, came down to the last seconds and we lost - period.

We won the regular season championship and finished 11-3 overall. The boys had a good run and didn't make it all the way. Just like all playoffs - only one team wins their last game of the season. There's always next yr.......

And now, this Sat, I ref the five league championship games.....and get to hear everyone talk bad about me!