View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 20, 2008, 05:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11
Marist at Fairfield last night, Men's. Double OT, Fairfield shooting 2nd of 2 shots with 0.9 left, up by 1.

Marist calls TO preceding the 2nd FT. They come out of the TO, and have a player walk into the lane as the Fairfield shooter attempts his FT (which he misses on purpose). Lane violation occurs.

Same thing happens again. And again.

Finally, on the 4th attempt, the Fairfield player accidently made the free throw. Marist then had an opportunity to throw the ball up court and score to tie or win the game.

So, is there anything a ref can do to stop this seemingly unsportsmenlike behavior?

I don't think there is a darn thing... but I'll leave it to the experts. Has anyone seen this done before???
Here's another one a ref related to me about pulling one at the end of the game.

Team B is down by one with 4 seconds left. B's arrow. B has fouled and A1 is shooting a 1 and 1. B calls a time out and sets it up..... When B comes out of their huddle, B1 goes to the second lane space hoping A2 won't notice and will go to the first spot...which he does. The administrating official doesn't know it and bounces the ball to A1. B1 then draws the attention of the official by saying that "that guy shouldn't be there." Official calls the double violation and gives B the ball based on the arrow. They throw it in and go down and score and win and the game is over.

Just as a side note... B1 is today a Division 1 official.