View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 13, 2000, 06:19pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach:
An addendum to my comments. It does depend on whether it is a designated spot throw-in or if it is after a made basket. After basket, there is no violation unless the ball is inbounded with a second player OOB. A second player may be OOB on the baseline, as long as only one player is OOB when the ball is inbounded. Therefore, after a made basket, the violation should occur when the ball is inbounded.

But on designated spot, I believe that the presence of a second player OOB is a violation. In tht situation, the violation is at the moment A2 goes OOB if A1 has ball at disposal on spot throw-in, or when ball at disposal of A1 if A2 is already OOB.

Just to be my normal nit-picky self, you can have two (or more) offensive players OOB during a throw-in following a "made or awarded score" (same with running the endline), not just a made basket. Let's not forget those goaltending calls in 4th grade

Usually on a spot throw-in, if team A has two players OOB, I will say to one prior to administering, something like, "Is that where you really want to stand?" If they don't "get it", after a beat or two, I hand (or bounce) the ball to A! then blow the whistle. If the coach complains, I tell him his player got fair warning. Of course when I do lower grades, I do tell them not to stand OOB.