View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 19, 2008, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmw
addresses this it is 10.3.3 Situation B

After a lengthy substitution process involving multiple substitutions for both Team A and B, A5 goes to the bench and remains there, mistakenly believing that he/she has been replaced. The ball is put in play even though Team A only has four players on the court. Team A is bringing the ball into A's frontcourt when the coach of Team A realizes that they only have 4 players. The coach yells for A5 to return and he/she sprints directly onto the court and catches up with the play. RULING: No technical foul is charged to A5. A5's return to the court was not deceitful, nor did it provide A5 an unfair positioning advantage on the court.
This case play involves a substitution process, and a player who didn't know she wasn't being subbed for. I wonder if that's different from a sitch after a TO when someone who should have been subbing in didn't. Because section 10-2 of the rule book talks about this type (but not quite the same) of sitch under the heading "Substitute Technical".

Now I"m wondering, if I'm reffing, I see a player suddenly rush onto the court, do I have to stop and think about whether or not it's a sub? Whether or not she was on the floor previously? Run through player numbers in my head? What to do?? What to do???