View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 01:39pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan
Today, I go to her before the game a to break the ice and say " Coach if you are going to complain about my officiating, I am going to complain about your coaching" She jumps on me for calls that I made at her husband's game Thursday night.

I could not believe she would behave like this.

I don't really have a question, but I was thinking why would she want to make me angry at her? They won the game by 42, I had no influence on the game. Why not butter me up for this game? I don't get it. I always wanted the officials on my side before the game.
Are you serious, Turtle? Do you really expect coaches to butter you up before a game?

NEVER go and schmooze coaches before a game. Or during a game. Or after a game. Sucking around can never lead to anything that will end up being even remotely advantageous from an official's standpoint. As you found out above, it sureashell can lead to confrontation though. If you want to respond to a coach that wants to banter a little bit, fine, but do not ever initiate sessions like that.

You were directly responsible for that confrontation. If you keep away from the coach except for any info that must be passed along, you won't find yourself in situations like that.

Let the conversations come from the coaches...not vice-versa.