View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Coaches....What can you say?

I did 2 girls games this morning. The coach for the 8th grade team, her husband is a varsity coach for a girls team. I did their game Thursday night. This is the first time I have had one of here games since she left high school coaching 2 years ago. We have always gotten along.

Today, I go to her before the game a to break the ice and say " Coach if you are going to complain about my officiating, I am going to complain about your coaching" She jumps on me for calls that I made at her husband's game Thursday night. I called a push on his player in front of his bench. A good call. He complained loudly and several fans did as well. She tells me I called a terrible game and sited several plays, and she says " just as the fans behind the bench, they will tell you" I explained that the fans had no idea of the rules or how to enforce them. She was just angry. BTW, his team won by 42 points and used their subs a lot during the game. It was never close.

I could not believe she would behave like this. She lost this game by 20.

I don't really have a question, but I was thinking why would she want to make me angry at her? They won the game by 42, I had no influence on the game. Why not butter me up for this game? I don't get it. I always wanted the officials on my side before the game.