Thread: My first T
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 03:23pm
Official Forum Member

It's been my experience that ANY sort of discrepancy at the scorer's table is best handled immediately. Even in this case if you had just taken 10-15 seconds and said, "We just had a jump ball a minute ago, I'm keeping track myself, and the official arrow points this way, so that's how it's gonna be." I know it's tough to say so with the score being what it was, but ignore that for a minute and let's assume the score was tied with 3 minutes to play in a very competitive game. If, as you're about to put the ball in play, one of the scorers is screaming for your attention because they think possession should go the other way, would you stop then? I would hope so.

I know in games like this we all just want to keep the clock running, because often bad stuff happens in blowouts like this (losing team gets frustrated; bruisers come off the bench to finally get playing time, etc...)...but I think in this case, if you'd taken just 10-15 seconds to verify the arrow direction, you probably could've avoided the T, and saved an additional minute+ from the T free throw administration...