Thread: My first T
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

My first T

In other news, I had my first unsportsmanlike T last night. Boys 6th grade travel playoffs, consolation side of the bracket. We had a mismatch, probably the team that just missed the championship playoffs against a winless or nearly winless team. It was something like 48-13 with about 3 minutes left, running clock (20-point 4th quarter mercy rule in this league.)

There was a held ball. I gave it to black. I'm sure I was right (last held ball was only a few plays prior, I had it in my pocket with my spare whistle, and the table had it as well). Blue's assistant coach, also doing their visiting team scorebook is sitting at the far end of the bench, and as I'm ready to administer he starts yelling that it should be blue. I know he's wrong and he isn't the official book or sitting at the table, so I see no reason to stop and go talk to him. I hand the ball off to the black thrower, and he slams the scorebook to the floor for all to hear. WHACK.

He came up to us after the game (we had a second game ten minutes after) and shook our hands and apologized. I think frustration just boiled over and he knew he crossed the line.