View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 12:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
Adolf Hitler and a bunch-o-people called the nazi's had what you would call a set of beliefs that they adhered to. And like you say, they didnt consider it "hate", and many parents accepted it and so did many kids, and adults. I dont think just NOT sending your kids there is enough.

This is not about whos flying sphagehitti monster is right or wrong, but open discrimination. No matter what your beliefs there are basic rights and wrongs that *should* be recognized by all groups. This one, apparently, is wrong.
Ah, the obligatory Hitler reference. I'm sure St. Mary's is spawning the next Adolph himself.

It is not open discrimination to them according to their beliefs. And, as a private organization, they make the rules in that case. I believe the First Amendment as freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion but I realize not all hold that interpretation. If the court wants to intervene in this case and settle that interpretation for this specific instance, send your money to the ACLU and they might take it up.