View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 14, 2008, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmett921
I'm a first year official and gave out my first Technical tonight in a Freshman boys game, competetive prep-school rivals. The visiting coach wanted a call for a push off during a loose ball. As the play was happening he called out "Come on you didn't see that.", then coming back by him the other way after a turnover about 8 seconds later I heard "You suck.", so I called a T. At the half he came up and asked about the T, I told him saying "You suck" to an official is pretty clear. At that point he said he had said "You saw it" and not "You suck". He may have said that, based on the fact that he approached me at the half to ask about it, but it didn't sound like it during the action. Should I have asked for an explanation at the time, given him a warning or what?
Do you know how to tell when a coach is trying to work you? His lips are moving.

Odds are really, really good that what you heard is exactly what he said. After that, he's in "damage control" mode. Don't let him back on your good side unless he brings flowers and candy

Sounds like a righteous T to me.