View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 14, 2002, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ntxblue
Don,

I'm not disagreeing with you. But are these same umpires true to ASA when there IS a tournament in the area? That can make all the difference with some folks.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Mike,

ASA always comes first with my group. If there is no ASA assignment, then we should be able to call for other organizations. We're lucky around here for the most part. It's unusual NOT to have an ASA tournament that doesn't need coverage. But on those open weekends, local officials go to the "other" tournaments to see who is umpiring. These are the same officials that submit umpires for the ASA big time tourneys.

BTW, I was looking forward to meeting Mr. Profato (sp?) last week at advanced school. He was listed as an instructor, but he didn't make it to Killeen. You had spoken so highly of him, I was hoping to get to work with him. I did get to work with Billy P.& Bob S. Bob is a real character.

Gary [/B][/QUOTE]

Bob Savoie is the man! You might catch Bernie Profato on TV some nights. For those who do not know, Bernie is the third man in the ring for some pro fights. I occasionally catch him on ESPN2.