View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 12, 2008, 11:27pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph2493
A1 is fouled by B1 in the act of shooting.

As Referee is reporting the foul, and before the teams have lined up for the free throws, A1 and B1 begin to mouth at each other and U1 calls a double technical...

After reporting the double technicals, what is the resumption of play procedure in the case play?

FYI... Not knowing exactly what we should do we chose to put the players around the lane and let them resume play with the results of the free throw. The only case we could find in the case book that resembled this play had the shooter already having the ball in his/her hands before the double foul occured. It said there that you resumed play with the free throws. I know this play is somewhat different so I figured I would bring it here.

This is a False Double Foul under both NFHS and NCAA.

NFHS Rules: The fouls are penalized in the order that they ocurred. A1 will shoot two free throws due to B1 personal foul with no players lined up on the free throw lane. The ball is then awarded to the team with the AP Arrow for a throw-in at the division line opposite the Scorer's/Timer's Table for an AP Throw-in.

NCAA Rules: The double technical foul is a Point of Interruption situation. A1 will shot is free throws for B1's personal foul as if that was the only foul that occurred.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio