Thread: Professionalism
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 11, 2008, 08:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaluvhoops
How do you handle officials who actually think they are better then they actually are??
I do not need to handle anything like that.

Quote:
How do you handle officials who think they "have arrived" after only being on the University/College list for 1 year?
Once again, not my problem.

Quote:
How do you handle officials who think they now have the right to talk down to up and coming officials?
Another thing I do not worry about.

Quote:
How do you handle officials who do not respect the small colleges and treat them like second class citizens because they apparently made it to the big leagues now??
I am not even sure I understand the question.

Quote:
How do you handle the officials who have not earned respect from coaches and players but now seem to demand it just because of the level of official they are now??
Once again not an issue I try to deal with.

Quote:
How do you handle officials who actually have the nerve to ask the assignor to be chosen to go to a National Championship? Or who also asks to work the big high school tournaments because of their status??
Is that not an issue for the assignor?

Quote:
How do you handle such an ego when in reality they are just above average, only made the University panel because another member moved away which opened up the spot and they are not getting the "big assignments" because every one else knows what a knob they are! haha
What is the University panel? I have never heard of such thing.

It sounds like you have a lot of issues where you are. And it sounds like you are trying to control people that you have no right to control. Unless you are speaking as an assignor or evaluator, I really do not know how you could handle anyone but tell them the truth or take games away. It sound like you got too much involved in feelings of individual officials.

Peace