View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 07, 2008, 06:37pm
Official Forum Member

One of our umpires spent time in the minors and just left the game. Here's his account of the Baseball Chapel:

Quote:
I read the article and it wasn't as bad as he biitched and moaned about. I know Josh and he is no good. The guy was always complaining about this and that, and it wasn't for the benefit of all umpires, but just for himself. I would guess at most half of the cities over my 7years had baseball chapel come to the umpires' room. They always visited the players, but not consistently with the umpires. Just like everything else, baseball forgets about the umpires, baseball chapel forgot about the umpires a majority of the time. In 2003, there was a Jewish guy on my crew, and we would tell the rep. from Baseball Chapel that he was Jewish. The guy then would talk about God in genera land not about Christianity vs. Judaism. Also, I know a lot of umpires who didn't want to meet with B.C., so they would leave the umpire room for 5 or 10 minutes (MAX). When he cries about having to leave the room in Columbus and walk among the fans while B.C. was visiting, we all had to do it one time or another. 99.99% of the people didn't know who the umpires were, so it wasn't a big deal. He is just complaining because of sour grapes for being released. After 3+years in AAA and no AZ. Fall League, umpires below him should be complaining about him taking a spot, because he had no chance of doing MLB games.