View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 06, 2008, 01:20pm
Official Forum Member

If I were you, regardless of what shoe you end up with, I'd go to a running shoe store and have them tell me what type of foot and pronation factor you have. Generally speaking, there are low arch and high arches, and either could over pronate (roll inward when running), remain neutral (pretty much straight) or supinate (me -- roll outward slightly). In running shoes, the overpronator needs stability shoes -- which most cross trainers do a decent job of. The neutral and supinators -- the vast minority -- need cushioning shoes when running, which most cross trainers don't do a good job of. I would say if you are neutral or supinate, you might want to look for cushioned running shoes, which is what I wear. I've worn a pair of NB the last 2 years, the 890, I think. I just ordered a pair of Saucony running shoes but haven't worn them.

Brooks makes a hell of a running shoe, what I wear when just out running. They have a black shoe that looks nice and its made for the moderate over-pronator, which describes most people. I think its the Adreneline model. Go to Zappos and check on Brooks running and search for black. You'll find it there. Its not right for me, but I'd like to see more guys wear black running shoes so the shoe makers will make more models in black.