Thread: Too Many "T's"?
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 05, 2008, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle
He is the cause of the result. If he wants a different result, he needs to make a change in something. Or he can make the decision that all of his T's this year were warranted and there is nothing he could have done differently. Either way, there is no fault. We all have to draw our own conclusions. I hope Terrapin Fan at least tries something different. If he doesn't, no big deal.
This is how officials that do their job and might hand out 10-20 T's in a year when their average association member has 0-3 question themselves. Hey I have probably had about 10-15 this year and I treat them all like any call. I just blow the whistle and make the signal. The cause of the result is the act that got the T not the official calling the T. Unless hes overjudicious then yeah, and we all have worked with these types of officials, however they dont think about their T's. They also dont advance very far.

So to summarize, stop blaming yourself for doing your job. I actually get more upset when I see officials just let stuff slide because "Bob is just being Bob." or they know the coach or player and make excuses for them. Be professional and do your job. Dont get personal feelings involved in this. We are, afterall, impartial.