Thread: Too Many "T's"?
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 05, 2008, 05:03am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan
I don't recall all 5 from December, but what I do remember is a disrespectful player warned twice and continued. "T"

. 1st quarter visitor down by 10, 10- 0, Coach made a reference to me that I was cheating his team. I told him, we weren't he again, said that we were.

February- Game 1- coach out of box yelling at my partner ( 20 feet out past the scorers table,) I warn him to get back in the box, he yells at me about the "no call" I give him a call "T "

Tonight- Visitors down in a game that they won by 20 at home. I call a walk, good call, he yells. I call a foul on an attempted block shot, he goes ballistic. I warn him and he continues to yell. I warn him again that one more out burst and he will be sitting. A few plays later, his #23 receives the ball just inside the 3 point line in full stride ( big guy 6'5 or so, Athletic ) I call a walk, he is not put the ball on the floor and shot a lay up. He calls a time out. During the time out he is berating me for "cheating his team" I ask him if he is questioning my integrity. He says "Just stop cheating my team" , I said "coach I don't want to hear that again", He says " Then stop cheating my team" "T".

Am I thin skinned?
Thin-skinned? Hardly. Your problem is that you take way too much crap. No wonder coaches are testing you. You don't follow-up on your warnings.

Just call the "T"s if they're justified and quit worrying about them. As Dan said, they're just another call.

Btw, if a coach is 20 feet past the scoring table yapping at the officials, that ain't a warning. That's automatic.