Thread: Too Many "T's"?
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 04, 2008, 11:50pm
Official Forum Member

Question Too Many "T's"?

5 in December.

2 January.

2 so far in February ( 3 games )

I'd rather not call a "T" but it seems to me, I am being put into positions where it is hard to avoid.

Allow me to explain.

I don't recall all 5 from December, but what I do remember is a disrespectful player warned twice and continued. "T"

A coach yelling to incite the crowd, "T"

A coach violating the 20 second time to replace a player. He insisted that he had 30 seconds, not 30. he was wrong. "T"

January - 2 in one game. Coach tossed. 1st quarter visitor down by 10, 10- 0, Coach made a reference to me that I was cheating his team. I told him, we weren't he again, said that we were. I said, "coach, we are calling what we see" He insisted that we were cheating him and his team "T". 4th quarter, a no call by my partner in the lane, I am trail, coach jumps up and yells " YOU CAN'T CALL A FOUL RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE??????" "T" gone.

February- Game 1- coach out of box yelling at my partner ( 20 feet out past the scorers table,) I warn him to get back in the box, he yells at me about the "no call" I give him a call "T "

Tonight- Visitors down in a game that they won by 20 at home. I call a walk, good call, he yells. I call a foul on an attempted block shot, he goes ballistic. I warn him and he continues to yell. I warn him again that one more out burst and he will be sitting. A few plays later, his #23 receives the ball just inside the 3 point line in full stride ( big guy 6'5 or so, Athletic ) I call a walk, he is not put the ball on the floor and shot a lay up. He calls a time out. During the time out he is berating me for "cheating his team" I ask him if he is questioning my integrity. He says "Just stop cheating my team" , I said "coach I don't want to hear that again", He says " Then stop cheating my team" "T".

Am I thin skinned? I don't think so. But 9 "T's" that seems to be a lot.