View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 04, 2008, 12:04am
Official Forum Member

Pretty rare for things to get out of hand in this area, too. Most adult leagues address stuff like trash talk, profanity, arguing or charging umpires up front and back up any ejections with suspensions.

I work some adult baseball and those games are usually covered by well-trained, experienced officials that excel at game management. Most slow pitch leagues here are sponsored by local parks and rec departments that issue the standards of conduct in writing before the season and see it through. Violate the standards and you won't be playing in their leagues.

The lone men's fastpitch league in this area (I don't work games in it- I play in it!) had one "bad blood" incident last year that got out of control. The next week, the league coordinator got every team together before their games started and read them the riot act. A handful of offenders got two-week suspensions. Didn't have another problem all year!

A comment on the video: That plate umpire needs to work on his (cough, cough) "plate stance". My knees are hurting just watching that!