View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 30, 2008, 11:14am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
There's so much that I would like to say about this situation, but discretion is the better part of valor in this case, I think. I will just say this much as background. This rule was approved by one committee within the MIAA. The committee is composed of a total of 12-14 people. (I can't remember the exact number.) The state's basketball Coaches' Association voted in opposition to the rule. The state's Basketball Officials' Association voted unanimously in opposition to the rule. The MIAA's Board of Directors voted in opposition to the rule. The MIAA's Executive Director has publicly stated that he is not in favor of the rule.

In other words, these 12-14 people have decided that they are smarter than all the coaches of Massachusetts, all the officials of Massachusetts, their own Board of Directors and their organization's chief executive. Not to mention almost 120 years of basketball tradition.

You may just get a call Billy. We've been told that they will use any officials they can get -- whether they're from Massachusetts or Connecticut, whether they're IAABO or prison league officials. The tournament will be played (and that's absolutely the way it should be) regardless of who is willing to officiate it. Good luck to them, b/c I will almost definitely not be working this year.

Chuck:

This post is for humor only (because I was the one who use the term "picket line" in a previous post), does this mean since I belong to IAABO Board #55 (Cleveland, Ohio), that I could be getting a phone call from the MIAA to officiate in their post-season tournament?

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio