View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 27, 2008, 07:29pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlet25id
Exactly why the varsity can't warm up with the JV squad. If you come out on the floor and let the Varsity warm up with the JV then your asking for a problem to arise.

If you were careless enough to let the Varsity squad warm up with the JV and the Varsity squad puts on a dunking exhibition then that is on you. By rule you have no way to penalize non team members unless you invoke followers/supporters.

None of the examples you listed are anything like what was suggested hypothetically. Post an applicable rule reference that would allow you to do what you said you would do. Whack the non team member, put them in the book, give a ADMIN "T", & sit the coach.

So in other words if a student comes out of the stands and picks up the ball and dunks it then he's getting WHACKED, counts toward his DQ, your adding him to the book, and giving a ADMIN "T".

I suppose that would be one way to make the team!!!

Gimlet:

I know you are that well versed on the rules so let me guide you through the play. You enter the court for the JV game 15 miuntes before game time. You count 15 players in uniform for Team A and they are all warming-up. You do NOT go to each and ever player and ask them if they are a JV or a VAR player. That is NOT your job. The fact that they are in uniform and warming up implies that they are going to play in the JV game. It is only after one of the Team A players, that are warming up, dunks the ball do you discover that the player that dunked the ball and 4 other players are not JV players but are VAR players. Too bad. Charge the VAR player with a direct TF, the JV Head Coach with and indirect TF and tell the JV Head Coach to get the VAR players off the court. Those are the rules.

And as far as the student coming out of the stands scenario, to say that any official, except, should I dare utter the name Old School, would whack the student is absurd and tells me that the official does not know the rules.

MTD, Sr.

P.S. Please do not tell me that when you enter the court for a JV game you go to each and every player and ask them if they are a JV or a VAR player. I hope you don't because if you don't then you have to whack the player when he dunks. Too bad if he is a VAR player. Now you can order the VAR players off the court. When you enter the court for a JV game, how do you know who the JV players and who the VAR players are with out asking them?
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Sun Jan 27, 2008 at 07:33pm.