View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 27, 2008, 04:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrao
This happened last week in a D1 game. It was Kentucky versus ???? I have no idea who was playing becuase I spend my time watching the officials. The ball went out of bounds on the base line and the lead made a very strong call to show who's ball it was. Immediately C came across to him and they had a 10 second discussion and L changed his call. No complaints at all from the coaches or players. I have to assume that these folks pre-game this stuff so that they WILL NOT come to you on a OOB situation unless, as MTD said earlier, they are 200% sure. If they are not, they don't come. Does that mean that if partner comes to you it is an automatic call change? No, but it if you pre-game it right it should give you a very strong indication that you were incorrect. What's my point? Watch games at all levels and watch the officials because you learn so much from them. Also, a good pre-game, which I know is not always possible at all levels, helps a lot when these situations arise.
I think it was UK vs. Florida (could have been Tennesse though). Rebounder A4 pulled ball down right under the basket when an opponent B3 got an arm through from behind (between the rebounder's arm and body). B3 poked the ball out of A4's hands..and directly OOB. From the live action, I couldn't tell how the rebounder lost the ball. It sort of squirted out of his hands but you couldn't see anyone elses hands involved. The lead made a strong call (from the same side of the floor as the camera) and gave it to B. The C came in from the other side (where the poke could be seen) and gave info the the L....who reversed the call. Replays confirmed the final call.