View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 24, 2008, 04:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018
Interesting perspective.

I'm at a point where I'm working some "big time" varsity games. They're as good as games get in my state, actually. And for where my career is, they're big time. But they're not where I want to end up.

Using your analogy, I'd equate it as the dishwasher getting his first opportunity to close the restaurant. It's not where he wants to be, but it's his chance to show his skills on the biggest stage he's had yet.

Certainly nothing wrong with enjoying the "biggest" opportunity you've had to this point and treating it as such.
There is nothing wrong with any perspective you choose to take. What ever keeps you going is what you should focus on. I just was an athlete in HS and like many athletes we were waiting on our time to play at the varsity level. When there were a couple of my teammates that got a varsity letter and I did not and we played on the same team. I was a little jealous and it made me work harder. There are guys that working that only care to work the Junior High Championship and that is fine with me. I just feel blessed that I am consistently picked to work what I am currently working and any college games I get the opportunity to work. I cannot complain because there are many people that would love to get some of what I cam currently working.

Peace