View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 21, 2008, 09:44pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN
I believe in being to the point and quite clear and unambiguous. Telling a coach he is about to receive a technical foul if he doesn't change his behavior will lead to 2 things -- he changes his behavior or he gets whacked. It takes quite a bit before I get to this point, but once I do I follow through.

And there's no misunderstanding that the coach has been warned. Another ditty to add to the game report, if it comes to that.
I personally do not like to threaten or say the words technical foul. But I will say that "if you do not handle this (or change this) behavior, then you are going to leave me with little or no choice to take action." I have found that it gets across the point of view that I want them to get. And they know what I mean. It seems to come off less confrontational in my experiences. And I feel it empowers them to make the right decision rather than it looking like I was using my power over them. I have even said to players when they get goofy, "Do you want to play the next game?" They get the message really quick.

Peace