View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 21, 2008, 06:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
I guess I dont officiate in the court of public opinion
I hate to break it to you; it might not be the public opinion you have to worry about. It might be your assignor, your state organization or any other people that decide

I will give you an example. I told a kid during a X-Mas Tournament this past season that the actions between him and the other player might result in a technical foul if they decided to keep the holding and pushing that took place before I handed the thrower the ball. To make a long story short, the kid went back and said this to the coach. Then the coach tried to confront me after the game near the hospitality room and went to the tournament director to complain about me. Of course I had a very understanding group of individuals and nothing was a problem, but I have seen situations where it would be. And whether you like it or not if someone feels you did the wrong thing or took actions unwarranted in your hands, then you might get barred from the league you work (I have seen this happen to people) or not get post season assignments. Now all I said was to dot your "I" and cross your "T" so that when you do give a T, it is harder to question your judgment or your motives. And if this discussion has not taught you anything, then you better realize that everyone is not supporting your actions 100%. And if you get the wrong assignor or evaluator that says you are wrong, then you might suffer some consequences far beyond this game. My main point is you should protect yourself as much as you possibly can.

Peace