Thread: Whaddya got?
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 15, 2008, 01:40am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Scrapper:

Daryl Long and I were officiating a boy's 7th/8th grade doubleheader just this past December. Late (less than 60 seconds to play; OhioHSAA uses 6 minute quarters for jr. H.S. games) in the 3rd quarter of the 7th grade game HC-V took exception to my officiating and committed an act of unsportsmanlike conduct and I charged him with the appropriate TF. Daryl came over and informed him that he had lost the use of the Coaching Box for the remainder of the game. HC-V thought Daryl didn't mean it when he told him that he had lost his right to use the CB because he remained standing for the remainder of the 3rd quarter; Daryl even reminded him when he was the T and Team V had the ball in their front court before the end of the 3rd quarter. Less than a minute into the 4th quarter A1 went to the line to shoot 2 FT's and HC-V was still standing. As the T for the upcoming FT's I instructed Captain-V to go over to his coach and instruct him to sit down because he had lost the use of the CB; Captain-V went over to HC-V and told him he had to sit down. HC-V did not sit down. We shot the free throws (which A1 made) and Team V headed up the court with the ball. HC-V remained standing the entire time. At this point the ball went out-of-bounds in front of HC-V and Daryl reminded him that he need to sit down. HC-V wanted to know why. Daryl reminded him that he (Daryl that is) had told him when he (HC-V) received his TF that he had to sit down. HC-V's response was that he doesn't listen to what officials say to him when he is coaching because he has more important things to do. Daryl then reminded him that I (meaning MTD, Sr.) had even sent his Captian to instruct to sit down and he still hadn't sat down. HC-V response to Daryl was: "My captain doesn't tell me what to do." WHACK!! (By Daryl.) HC-V disqualified and ejected (now Daryl has to write a game report).
Are you putting us on? You notified/warned/reminded him 5
times that he had lost the box, and then kicked him out for saying "My captain doesn't tell me what to do." This sounds like the most reasonable statement of the whole exchange to me.

Lonesome Dove