Thread: Whaddya got?
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 14, 2008, 10:59pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheRef
I've been reading all day and weekend due to the fact that I've been on the court all weekend long and just to tired to post, but Scrap took the words right out of my mouth...what took you and your partner so long to toss the coach? I don't know Daryl Long, but he must be a well respected official for you to call him by name, so seriously, what took you guys so long?

Daryl H. Long also known on the Board as "The Preacher" is the person in question.

You asked the question: "What took you guys so long?" I presume you wanted to know why it so long for him to get his 2nd TF. My TF was with just under 20 seconds left in the 3rd quarter. Since OhioHSAA sanctioned 7th grade games are played using 6 minute quarters. Daryl's TF came with 5:20 left in the 4th quarter. Team V was getting blown out by Team H. The total amount of playing time between HC-V's first TF and his second TF was less that one minute. Good officials don't give the HC his 2nd TF immediately in this situation. Good officials try to get the HC to willingly comply with the Coaching Box rule. We went the extra mile in this 7th grade game and the HC did not want to meet us half way and he lost his job over it.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio