View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 14, 2008, 10:01pm
Official Forum Member

Coach goes after visiting coach

Stupid as it may sound, a 6th grade boys game. I was calling the game alone, waiting for my co-official to show. During the first quarter, the home team is up 25-0. Into the second quarter the home team is still full court pressing. It's 35-0 and very few fouls. My arms are about to fall off, from the closely guarded counts. Home team secures a rebound and the coach calls for time. As I blow the whistle and point to the home team for the time. He doesn't look at me, but heads to the visitors bench and at a quick pace. After the AD stepped in between the two coaches and diffused the situation, I found out what happened. Evidently the visiting coach said something about the full court press with him being down 35. Home coach didn't like it.

I thought about the incident on the way home tonite. I didn't know what was going on, until it was over. I wondered if my doing nothing was the proper thing. Game management did their thing. I guess I could have stuck the home coach for leaving the bench area. Maybe letting the AD handle it was the best thing.