Thread: Camps
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 04, 2002, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Just wanted to share my first camp experience for some of the guys who are preparing for camps and/or wondering what to expect, and what they will get out of camp.

This camp was mostly attended by officials working or wishing to work the D-II conference that the camp director assigns for. For me, I wanted to improve, get some exposure to those working at this level, and mostly to see people who are doing it right. This is because most of the officials in my area that I have worked with don't work nearly hard enough to get things done right. I see some of the most respected officials around me being lazy, smarting off to coaches and players, and mainly just showing a lack of respect for the game and the job they have to do. For me and to this end the camp was a great success. I learned some things about myself and where I am at compared to where I want to be, some of it very humbling, I found out I am not quite as good as I thought I was. I met many great people and had lots of fun. I believe many of the things I picked up on will make me a better official.