Thread: Today
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 12:23pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Liability ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
She knew she didn't have a sub, so she kept telling me she was ok. After about 15 seconds (I gave her some extra time to gather herself), she got up saying she could play, even though she was limping hard on her ankle. I turn around, and the coach is right behind me. As I'm debating what to do next, coach makes my decision very easy by asking for a timeout. Since the coach came out, he was beckoned. In this case, if he didn't have a timeout, would we have had to force him to play with 4 until the next sub opportunity?
Remember, this involves a possible injury, and safety. What if there were no more timouts, and you decided to let the player continue to play, without the expense of a technical foul for the extra timeout, and the players aggravates the injury? Negligence? Liability? Let the coach decide whether to take her out and let her sit a tick, or take the technical foul for then extra time out. In either case you're letting the coach decide the condtions under which the player continues, not you, the official.