Thread: Today
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 13, 2008, 12:01pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Two more things I ran into yesterday.
Boys game, I'm T hustling down in transition on a break. A1 spots up for a three point shot, and as I'm about to mark the attempt, I look up an see my partner stopping at the C position, right in front of me, and mark the attempt. He was about 15 feet in front of me. I look across the court, and the other partner is at C, laughing.
I yell "Larry" just as the shot goes in. He turns around and I see the "Oh Sh!t" look on his face as he realizes what happened; and we didn't have an L. We were all over that three point shot, though.

I joked later that just for fun, I should have ran right past him and taken the L position. Maybe tapped him on the shoulder as I went by.

Also, in the girls game, we had a white player go down with injury in the third quarter. It was just a really awkward play, no contact. She knew she didn't have a sub, so she kept telling me she was ok. After about 15 seconds (I gave her some extra time to gather herself), she got up saying she could play, even though she was limping hard on her ankle.

I turn around, and the coach is right behind me. As I'm debating what to do next, coach makes my decision very easy by asking for a timeout. Lucky me. This leads me to a question. Since the coach came out, he was beckoned. In this case, if he didn't have a timeout, would we have had to force him to play with 4 until the next sub opportunity?