View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 04, 2002, 07:20am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Love2ref4Ever
Should Women Officials Seek A Mentor Of The Same Sex?

Rainmaker,
First, when I use the term "the men with the men, and the women with the women." I say that because if the men mentor the women, then the women may not get the opportunity to mentor the women at all! I just think that the women officials should reach out to the "new" women officials and let them know that they are there if they need them for advice. Personally I suggest to the women officials who reach out to me, and the ones that I have reached out to, is you don't have to give me the "label" of a mentor because I share officiating information with you. I believe labels are for "jars", I am just an official who just enjoys sharing information to whomever may wish to use it.
Also, I think the kind of understanding you and your husband has is great mine is a little different. My wife may say she is allright with women officials calling the house and stuff like that, but I know when she is really
not allright with something! So I choose to refrain from getting to close to women officials when it may apear to lead to a problem in my marriage. This is just for me, others may have something to say about this but I don't need the unnecessary drama!