View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 12, 2008, 03:33pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Old IAABO Refresher Exam Question

I seem to remember an IAABO Refresher Exam question, from about ten or fifteen years ago, that had a very unusual question. Please don't make me look back at all my old exams to find the correct wording of the question, and answer, but I went something like this.

During a designated spot throwin in the back court by A-1, the short pass just bounces on the court, in the backcourt, untouched by anyone for ...... I don't remember the rest of the question, but I remember that the question was silly because, in a real game, about nine players would be trying to get their hands on the ball as soon as possible. The Exam came after the NFHS changed from the five second count ending on the catch of the throwin, to the release of the throwin.

Do any IAABO members remember this question, its wording, or the given answer?

By the rules, in a hypothetical situation, what happens if nobody wants to pick up that ball. The thrower hasn't violated because the ball has been released in less than five seconds. The clock hasn't started, because it hasn't been touched inbounds. A ten second count hasn't started because there is no team control established. Hypothetically, by NFHS rules, how long can that ball stay there on the court?

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jan 13, 2008 at 12:26pm.