Thread: Jump ball??????
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 11, 2008, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

kbilla, can you tell me how you guys came to the conclusion that you were going to call a travel instead of the jump ball? I'm with Nevada & the other poster who said you should've came in with either the jump ball or travel since you had the best look. But since you didn't have air in your whistle and your partner calls a jump ball (by your opinion, quickly), which you in turn provide information that it wasn't a jump ball, which is why the whistle was blown, how does your partner and you for that matter, change it to a travel?

If I have a jump ball and blow my whistle for it, and my partner comes in and tells me that the opposing player never had his hand on the ball and it was 2 players from the same team, I am either going to give it back to the team who had possesion when the whistle was blown and call it an inadvertant whistle, or I'm going to call it a jump ball.

Now if we have a double whistle and I have a jump and you have a travel, then I can go with the travel, that wasn't the case though.

Last edited by JoeTheRef; Fri Jan 11, 2008 at 09:30am.