View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 09, 2008, 12:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil19
Corndog, you ask some good questions.

1. I can say without a doubt that had the sub been from the other team in the same situation, I would have made every effort to tell their coach that the player did not in fact leave the table area. I would also have made every attempt to VERBALLY get the player to stay where he was. However, I wouldn't attempt to physically restrain another team's player due to all the garbage that could come along with it.

2. Again, if asked, I would say what I observed happened and hope that the right decisions are made.
Understand and based on everything you've said I believe you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil19
Another part of all of this, and something that I think lends to having more possibilities for situations like these to arise in moments of confusion, is that I, the visiting team scorekeeper, was the only ADULT at that table and maybe that's why they asked me and were initially reporting to me (In fact, the home coach interrupted the reporting process to ask why they were reporting to me and not to "his" book. But, indeed, I do recognize that as visiting book, I had no "official" status and was not part of "the table". So yes, I probably should not have been asked, but since I was, I gave the honest answers.
The only adult at the table situation occurs too often and I appreciate the situation you were put in. I'm part of a new association in a new state this year and one of the best things they do is assign a scorekeeper and clock operator to all high school games...it's GREAT!

This is a good post...thanks.