View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 08, 2008, 04:45pm
Official Forum Member

My credo in officiating is a simple one, GET IT RIGHT! and when possible look good doing it. (mechanics wise) That being said I tried to put myself in the shoes of various people out there and see what I would do...

Floor Official: Fight=crazy! Guy off the court offering assistance like that, if I know he is a colleage I might say thanks, if not I'm having the AD move him. When he says I need to get #25 too, I am asking my partner and the table and telling him we'll decide that.

Observing Official: I hate it when I am just watching and crazy things happen to inexperienced officials because I WANT TO HELP! But at the same time I know no matter where I am or who knows who I am anything I do can get very messy. If I know the guys on the court I am going to make sure they see me so they can ask me if they want to. If not, I am going to bite my tongue! We probably share a locker room so after the JV game before I hit the floor we'll talk about it.

Home-Table Official: I always had written down with me who was in and who had reported so I could tell the floor ref 25 had reported in, and when the scuffle broke out I would yell at 25 to hold his spot, but I would never RESTRAIN a player, don't touch!

Away-Table Official: I've never been given the credibility of as a talbe official when away from home.

Evaluator/Assignor: Unfortunately I have to say the observing official acted in an unprofessional way and I would inform him and his assignor of the situation. (I might not agree but that is what I would do)

Coach: "Who the heck is this guy, get him out of here."