View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 07, 2008, 11:11pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=blindzebra]This is why officials find themselves in trouble.

So the 6th grade girls don't deserve you doing it right?

Those games are not throw away games, in fact they may be the most useful games you will work. Screwy plays, tons of call selection choices, less physically taxing so you can work on using your off hand on dead ball signals and violation calls, crisp reporting, etc...

I absolutely despise the "it was just a kids game" attitude and excuse...do it right or don't do it at all.[/Q

You're assuming alot here aren't you Spartacus?

I'll let you in on another secret that may get your panties in a bunch. If a team is getting killed at half, we might give them the ball to start the second half, even though it may be the other team's(quick sit down before you faint). I also had a handicapped youngster awhile back in a game and we made sure he made it to the line for a free throw, which he made incidently.

You probably would have sent him to the bench for not having his jersey tucked in

Yeh, I know, a foul in the first two minutes is the same in the last two, no matter what level, what game.

Did some park district a few weeks ago, third grade girls..........guess what? I passed on a few dozen travels(shudder)

Hey, go grab that three second call on little Molly whose team is down by 30 in the fourth.

Put down the Merlot and quit pontificating.

Last edited by fullor30; Mon Jan 07, 2008 at 11:13pm.