Thread: No Replay??
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 04, 2008, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrenkicker
What I have seen is almost a reluctance from Fox to show replays. Other networks will have a replay of every play. Fox seems to only show one every couple of plays. I saw a punt or kick-off return in the Fiesta Bowl I think that looked like the player fell down after gaining possession but was allowed to get up and continue one. The original shot did not show what body part he had used to catch himself. I'm not saying that any official missed this call but it seems that it would have been very easy to show a replay of what had happened. I also seemed to notice a reluctance to review plays. But some of that could be based on the fact that Fox never showed a replay so I couldn't tell for sure if it was possible that a mistake was made.
I agree. In my opinion FOX needs to get out of the college football business and stick with the NFL. I am not satisfied at all with the college games they have done. I've never liked their commentators but now their producers are on my list. Leave the college games to CBS and ESPN.